Would you like to write for The Swag?
The Swag (and its predecessors) have been published for over 40 years by the National Council of Priests primarily to facilitate conversation between priests. The Swag has retained its focus on affirming and encouraging all ordained priests in their lives and ministry, but it also believes in and recognises the priesthood of all baptised people. So we encourage all who wish to contribute to the conversation around pastoral and theological issues in the church to offer articles of 700-800 words or 1400 words for feature articles. Articles should be broadly around issues that concern the Catholic Church and its mission in the world.
We like to receive submissions in a Word document with:
- Name and contact details of the author and the person submitting the article if this is different from the author.
- As little formatting as possible (no indents or double spacing).
- Single spacing after full stops.
- ‘Single’ quotation marks.
- A brief author bio.
- A picture of the author or of the topic (at least 300KB)
- We don’t publish footnotes. All references need to be in the text in brackets and as brief as possible. Full referencing is not necessary as we are not an academic journal.
The editor has final say on all submissions and the right to minor editorial changes and article titles. The editor will contact you if significant revision is required for publication. We will not publish offensive or defamatory material.
Autumn 2017 Deadline:
Closing date for all submissions for consideration for the Autumn 2017 edition is Monday 6th February 2017.
Letters to the Editor:
Letters between 200-300 words can be submitted by email (Word document) to email@example.com.
Articles and Features:
Articles up to 700 words and major features up to 1400 words can be submitted by email (Word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obituaries up to 200 words can be submitted by email (Word document) to email@example.com.
Please submit any photographs, graphics or other images with your articles, features and obituaries. Images must be sent as a separate .jpg file, minimum 200KB in size. Do not include images in the Word document. Please also provide a photograph of yourself.